Hi! I'm Mike Pettry and I'm a composer for theatre, film, TV, and video games.
I wrote music and lyrics for the critically acclaimed musical The Light Princess at American Repertory Theater and The New Victory Theater (NY Times Critic's Pick), as well The Pirate Princess at American Repertory Theater. Awards for my musical theatre writing include the ASCAP Foundation Harold Adamson Lyric Award and the Jonathan Larson Award. Other musicals include The Last Song of Eddie Scourge with Eli Bolin, Mechanical and Things I Left on Long Island with Sara Cooper, and The Time Travelers Convention with Heidi Heilig.
I also compose video game music, including soundtracks for the games Double Dynamo (iOS), Epic Dumpster Bear (Wii U), and the upcoming multi-platform game Yummy Circus. I also scored the award-winning documentary film The Promise of New York.
As an orchestrator and track producer, I've worked with Kooman and Dimond on Orphie and The Book of Heroes at the Kennedy Center, The Enlightenment of Percival Von Schmootz, and the ongoing Disney Junior television series Vampirina, which has reached over 49 million viewers in 115 countries.
As a performer, I've played in theaters and clubs all over the US, including Broadway productions of SpongeBob SquarePants, Bandstand, Finding Neverland and Godspell, Faust at City Center Encores with Randy Newman, several off-Broadway shows including The View Upstairs, Clinton: The Musical, Found, and Atomic, and national tours. I've also played piano and guitar for several musical cast albums and pop albums.
In addition to all the demos on this site, I produced, engineered, mixed and mastered the albums Mike Pettry: The Voices In My Head and the cast albums for The Light Princess, The Time Travelers Convention, and The Last Song of Eddie Scourge.
Full resume available here.
- Original Music/Sound Design
- Music Direction
- Voice Over Recording
- Audio Editing/Engineering
- Vocal Coaching
Music Software Expertise
- Logic Pro X
- Unity 3D
- Familiarity with: fMod, Sony Acid, GIMP, Sound Forge
- Piano/Keyboard (Yahama M08, Nord Electro 2)
- Software synths: East West Quantum Leap suite (Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion, Hollywood Harp, Stormdrums 2 & 3, Goliath, Ra, Gypsy, Voices of Passion, Symphonic Choirs, Piano Gold, Darkside, Fab Four), LA Scoring Strings, Mojo Brass, ERA Medieval Legends, Absynth, Steven Slate Drums, full Logic suite, and Plogue Chipsounds
- Electric Guitars (Fender Deluxe Strat, Gibson SG)
- Acoustic Guitar (Yamaha)
- Electric Bass